Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sleep in Heavenly Peace

 
As I sit here and try to process the events of this last 30+ hours, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and so amazed at the countless people that have reached out with love and faith and prayers in Howie's behalf.

I will never be able to pay it back. I can only hope to pay it forward.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your faith and prayers.

Last night I was in Howie's room alone. I was afraid to leave. I just wanted to watch him and touch him. I thought if I did those things he wouldn't dare leave me.

I began reading the texts and messages from Facebook and the posts. I began crying and couldn't contain it all.

Thank you. I love you.
You will never know the strength that it gave me.

After they allowed him to wake up and he followed all commands, we started to explain to him what had happened. He understood and you could tell he wanted to ask questions.  He was quite anxious.

The doctor only allowed that to happen for a short time and he recognized the anxiety Howie was having. He explained to him that he needed to be calm and rest, so they were going to continue with sedation and keep him intubated for the night.

So I left the hospital with the kids to go stay in a nearby hotel.
I am at peace right now.
He was resting quietly.

Again. Thank you.
You have been angels for me.

1 comment:

Julia said...

This story has me riveted. It's so touching getting all the support and love from everyone. Of course I'm not on Facebook so i had no idea this was happening.
Hugs, Julia