Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wow, I won an Award!

I haven't had a chance to make up a speech or anything. My hubby would say that I'm never at a loss for words. I love words. Maybe that's why I love the medical field...they really have words. Words so weird you have to make them into plain old initials, just because they are soooo huge. For example look up in a medical dictionary the word for ERCP. Unbelieveable!

Oh, where was I???? Oh ya. I got an award yesterday for my blog. It's not like an award, but maybe recognititon. I was flattered and then I was warmed. Yesterday was a very difficult day for me and this was really so nice. Nice to be thought of by someone I don't know. Thank you Farmer Gal! You'll never know how that lifted my spirit! Your blog is darling and I recommend that everyone go there. She's funny. Her mom's on a trampoline! She's the youngest of 10 kids and that totally fascinates me! (I had 1 older brother). She put cute little words on her pictures, it made me laugh. I needed to laugh. Thank you Farmer Gal.
So this is the Award that I won!


Farmer Gal awarded me the Honest Scrap Award for my entry several days ago about urine samples and meatloaf.
Well, who knew that I could be recognized for something so icky. Well, whatcha see with me is whatcha get.

So now I need to pass these awards on to someone else. Actually three someone elses.

Before I do that I must tell you about my interesting day today. Well, not really interesting but it involves bird poop. (Ya, I'm all about body secretions)
So I finished cleaning the house and had both the front and back door open just to let some fresh air in after 23 long months of winter...maybe I'm stretching it a little, but not much. I've been out shoveling snow from my lawn onto the road all day!
Anyway, I was sitting on the couch doing a crafting thing, house is clean, quiet and I'm zoned out. The phone rings and I go to the kitchen to answer it and there on the oak window seal of my dining room is this:

Dang it my flash didn't work! Anyway, it's a bird! Poor thing thought the inside of my house was outside! And he left this:

Maybe it's a good thing my flash didn't work cause it's a picture of bird poop!
I left him in the window seal and waited for someone to come home to rescue me from this attack bird. It looked very viscous and scary...OK maybe I'm stretching that too, but still... I didn't want to do anything to scare anymore poop out of him.
I had to put the kitty out named Baby that should really be named Goofy...see previous post! He was verrrrry verrrry interested. Big pupils, tail wagging, ears back, all sorts of preditor moves!
Thank goodness my mom and dad came over for a visit and mom rescued me. There were a few tense and scary moments, but luckily we are all OK! The bird happily flew away out of my mom's hands.

So my three someone elses that I'm going to pass the Sister Award to are:

Jan from Crazy Lady on Road 80. She gets the Honest Scrap Award. She's funny and makes me smile. She posts funny stuff and serious stuff and I think we might be close to the same age. It's nice to know that there are other bloggers "out there" in blogland that are old enough to be all the other bloggers mothers! She also takes awesome photos.

The Kreative Blogger award goes to Kristina at Pulsipher Predilictions. This gal is totally certifiable, but because she's a social worker she knows how to slide under the radar! I never know what to expect when I go to her sight but I'm never bored. I wasted ONE WHOLE DAY OFF reading her blog from it's birth. I also hope to someday be like her and have a snuggie of my own.

The Sisterhood Award goes to Kim at The Simple Things. She's turned into a friend. She's been kind and said such nice things to me. I feel like I know her. She's soon to be an RN and there's a connection there. Hopefully, if we ever meet, it won't be at a restaurant while we are eating...with other people at the table, cause I'm sure we'll start telling patient stories and before you know it we'll have cleared the table...maybe even the restaurant.

So, there you go. My awards to people I've never met. But people that make me happy.
So pass it on Sistas!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You are too funny! And yes, I am able to fake my insanity very well.

Thank you so much for the award!

And I'm so happy you didn't have a Hitchcock moment with that bird today.

Laura said...

Yay!!! Another bodily fluid story! Bird poop is the WORST! One pooped on my head as it was flying by once... I was moritified.

Glad it made your day. You make mine when I read your posts, so you deserved it!

gigi said...

Congratulations girls!

We fed the birds today with our bread from the dollar store. Grand girls love it! But dumb sea gulls pooped on my truck. I used a baby wipe to get it off. Yuck!

g.suzie said...

Kudos to the talented Tauna, I love reading your blog, always entertaining. . .

Jan said...

That is so sweet girlfriend. I don't deserve the compliments, but I promised myself this year I would just say Thank you and move on...

So thank you... I love it.

Bird poo poo is the worst. Especially in the early Spring. It's like they get together in the morning and say - hey, where are we going to go and conquer and destroy with our body fluid today.

You are so kind and so glad we crossed blog paths. Just the nicest thing huh...

nikkicrumpet said...

Yeah...scary attack birds are EVERYWHERE. The poor thing was so frightened you scared the poop outta him! I'm glad he made it safely away. And only left you a small present. Congrats on the awards!

CB said...

So the bird was in the house?? Oh my.
I guess spring brings out all the fun little birds and critters.

I got up really early this morning and I was in my basement family room having a moment of quiet and out of the corner of my eye I saw a little brown mouse run by. EEeeeekkkkkk IS the correct sentiment.
I have lived in my house for 17 years and never had a mouse.
It didn't remain quiet after that. I had hubby hunting for it.

Ahhh the joy of Spring. ha ha

P.s. Hilarious you took a picture of the poop even if it didn't turn out. ha ha

Unknown said...

I hear bird poop is a great wrinkle reducer...did you save it for a trial sample? Could be big money in that!

Those are fab awards chica! Way to go!