Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm typically not politcal......

BUT, I have an opinion. My parents were talking to me last week about some legislation "out there" that would limit or make illegal the ability to plant gardens, have seeds or produce or store food. This morning I visited one of my favorite blogs here and this person was showing the site and links to go to.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe the government belongs in my kitchen, in my garden or in my food storage room. I don't think that we should be forced to purchase mass produced food. Produce purchased from the store travels an average of 1500 miles to get from farm to my plate. I don't want to be told what I can eat. I'm not sure the government has my best interest in mind with this legislation. I'm sure it is to protect the large corporations of food producers, but the legislation is so vague and broad that who knows where we could end up next? Click here to read about this latest wisdom from the government. I love the way they use their time with my money don't you? NOT!

I crave every summer when I can play in the dirt and grow and can my own food. If I didn't have that I might be VERY VERY cranky!

Click here to sign a petition against HR 875

As Jan pointed out on her blog....there have been other governments that seized control of the money (I think that's going on right now...isn't it?) and then seized control of the food.............isn't there a name for that kind of government?

Be informed! Check the facts! Take a stand!

3 comments:

MZ said...

Does it mean I have to delete my Face Book Farm? Oh no! You should check it out. It is my greatest stress reliever right now. It is on my facebook. Keep the government away from it!

CB said...

When I read about this I just couldn't believe it. How much more ridiculous can something get?

I will grow a garden and they can haul me away in handcuffs clutching my green beans and corn on the cob!

:D

Laura said...

Ahhhhh! Regulate our right to grow food? Are you kidding me? That's wrong on so many levels. Thanks for passing along the information!