Saturday, August 2, 2008

Relaxing Day

The man of the house got home late last night and all I can say about that is "it's about time". It was a long two weeks. Today was spent doing laundry, driving up in the hills a little bit a taking a few pictures. We were going to look to see how the huckleberries were doing, but got away too late and the sun was setting.

We did go out and check out the Garden of Egan. I think it must be on steroids. The green beans are totally out of control and I have cauliflower the size of a basketball. I should have taken pictures but I didn't. The tomato plants are VERY healthy and if all 21 of them (yes, I did say 21) start bearing fruit I'm going to be busy. We love salsa and spaghetti sauce, so I look forward to doing some canning.

On our little drive this evening I stopped and got a few pictures of the temple.
I'll see if I can post more later on. It was 3 years ago this month that there was a ground breaking ceremony on this site. It was not an advertised event, but over 8,000 people showed up in the hot August sun to watch and celebrate this awesome experience. It has been wonderful to watch the construction every step of the way and now to have it completed. We are blessed.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Miss photography chick! That's a very pretty picture!!!