Monday, August 4, 2008

Huckleberries at last!

The time that I wait for all year long finally is here....huckleberries! Is it because they are so tasty? Is it because they are rare? Is it because I get away into the forest? Maybe it's a combination of all of the above, but I love huckleberry season.
Tonight after a 12 hour day, we headed for the hills. Howie drives slower than me so it took 30 minutes to get there, but at last. He didn't search for any berries, he brought his laptop and got internet connection at the top of the hill we were on.....truly sacreligious....and he worked. I could have gotten more huckleberries if he would have helped pick, but sometimes you can't depend on the help.

Regardless of the lack of help from my better half, I had some quiet enjoyable moments among the bushes, let my head unravel a bit and really enjoyed the sounds of the forest, the smell of the earth, it was wonderful.

These are hands of a happy woman!

No comments: