Thursday, September 17, 2009

Types of bloggers...

I've been blogging for over a year now. I'm not sure what kind of a blogger I am. I love to visit blogs that are all about their families, recipes, travel, food storage, organization, photography and totally off-the-wall crazy blogs. (you know who I'm talking about)
I've learned a lot and laughed a lot and even sat in front of my laptop screen and shed tears over some of the stories others have shared. I've decided that I love bloggers and have been inspired by them.
I'm not sure what category I fit under, mostly I'm random, rarely inspirational and usually quirky. I like posting pictures of my family, but have been known to post pictures of my garbage can. I have some envy issues that I'm working on.
Today was a day I was inspired.
Thank you Cherie. I loved your 45 things post, it was profound and I needed to read it....today.
I think Cherie is awesome and some day I'm gonna meet her.
Amen.
I also was inspired by this post yesterday when Farmergirls Market talked about Fall being a favorite season. How Fall allows us to slow down. Read it, you won't regret it.
So, I finally decided it was time to put the Patriotic decorations away. Just because they are up doesn't mean that summer is still here. Summer is gone. This has been a summer that I'm glad is gone. It's been a difficult one and I'm glad to move onto another season. So with excitement I put up Fall stuff. My fall decorations are my favorite.
My favorite area is our fireplace mantel. My jack-of-all trades hub built this brick wall to surround our woodstove. He had no clue what he was doing, he just started doing. He did the mantel. I love the mantel.

This cute sign says: "If the broom fits........."
It's so me.
(PS: Do NOT under any circumstances click on the picture to enlarge the photo. I forgot to dust the fireplace)

He did the mantels in our windows too as he replaced the windows. He's really good at remodeling, if I have the patience enough to wait for the various projects to get done. (the record for a project was a totally unusable bathroom for 528 days)

These are two cute little wall hangings that I sewed many years ago. Some day I will do wall hangings for every holiday.
(PS again: You are allowed to click on the pictures to see how cute, that wall is washed of handprints)

Even though my Fall decorations are up I have this urge to burn my favorite candle in the world.

Christmas Wreath is the BEST smelling candle on the planet.
Am I conflicted?
So what kind of blogger am I? Uhm, probably one that needs Ritalin.
What kind of a blogger are you?
(You clicked on the pictures to see how dusty the fireplace was didn't you?)

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

A nude, Snuggie wearing, earth-destroying, chocolate covered bacon eating, one.

I love your decorations! And I love Fall!

gigi said...

I didn't click the pictures. You can trust ME! I wouldn't want anyone seeing my dust either. I'm so glad I found your blog. I find that you being an ER nurse is very interesting. I love your sence of humor and I think if we lived close we would be best friends.
Have a great weekend!

Emma said...

I love the decor. You can dust later.

Bogging is fun, I read more then I post, it seems like what ever I have to say doesn't sound as cool as everyone elses>

Kim said...

I have often asked myself that same question. When you stumbled onto my blog I was in the process of trying to figure that exact question out. I want to be one of the uplifting bloggers that when people read my blog that I leave them with something to think about. At one point I had a post that was called "MY World of Wonder" I loved it! Since taking my break, due to boards, I have not been able to find that side of me again. I am not sure why, but I miss it.

One thought has crossed my mind lately and that is blogging does take up alot of time. I have gone through my balancing act and priorities and realized that blogging does come later on my list.

So I guess to answer your question, I am one that loves to blog, but needs to prioritize it's importance in my life. I have met one of the most incredible people I will ever meet through blogging and girlfriend I wouldn't have it any other way. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you. Blogging opens doors in our lives that otherwise would be closed. Thanks, my heart is full.

April said...

I always love coming over to check in with your blog. You're always on the move!

I want to be the blogger who shows that I am not fake. I have a real life, real problems. I will not always put my best self forward. I hope that this will help others out there see that they are not alone.

Unknown said...

i love the brick around the fireplace and the best part the mantle. i am a random blogger, but i also love to read a mix of bloggers!

June said...

Came over to say hi from 'old fashion girl' when I saw the name Egan. My husband's family are Egan's from Idaho as well.
I enjoyed your post.
What kind of blogger am I?...mostly a garden and home blogger with a Pollyanna attitude.
Smiles,
June

Ann Marie said...

Are we all not random?

What I struggle with is the fact that anyone cares to read my random thoughts..
But I love my blog friends!!

Your decor is cute! I love your mantel.. I bet you have lots of fun decorating with that..

And I didn't "click" either. Promise.

Kirsten said...

Ha! I didn't click either! I passed that test! Not to say I didn't want to though! I'm a blogger that doesn't blog all the time, then does it in spurts and it's usually random. Whatever is on my mind for the day.

Kimmie said...

That mantle you hubby built is AWESOME! He did a great job!! I have a jack of all trades hubby and I think we have you beat for "unfinished projects" taking FOREVER to get done. I just am thrilled that if something is broken he can fix it!

I'm a "variety" blogger. My posts range from recipes, to family memories, to favorite quotes and so on. And I like to take life lessons learned and post them in a creative way.

I enjoy your Blog. You have a funny sense of humor and FUN way of communicating that I wish I had more of.

And YES...Cherie is amazing and inspiring and hope to someday meet her as well. We all need to go and have lunch or something.

Enjoy your Friday and your Weekend!!

Brittany H said...

that's a really cute sign. I love it. My mom is awesome, I think when she comes to visit me in Rexburg someday we should all hang out. ya? ya.

Connie said...

I want to be a blogger who inspires, teaches, crafts, cooks, and makes people fall off their office chair laughing. But alas, I am only a random, throw some pictures on and call it a day, blogger.
I didn't click on your pictures...yet.

kado! said...

you are a blogger that never fails to entertain me!! Down to Earth, honest and fun!

...I don't know what I am...I guess a reflection of my daily life...which right now involves my boys growing up and the events that come with that....(you guys are my daily break from conversations with a 4 year old...)

A Joyful Chaos said...

Enjoyed this post very much, and now I have a confession to make. I did click the picture... in hopes that my fireplace isn't the only dusty one. But now I wish I had not clicked because I couldn't even see any dust and now my fireplace is bugging me and I'll have to go clean it today. Thanks a lot.

wendy said...

I don't KNOW what kind of blogger I am. Crap, I don't even know what kind of person I am half the time. DON'T MAKE THIS HARDER FOR ME (tee,hee)
love your mantel and all your fun fall things.