Sunday, March 15, 2020

SOME MUCH NEEDED R&R

Last post was an update about Howie’s knee.
Well, after 7 weeks of IV antibiotics it seemed like it was reinfected.
So the doc put him on oral antibiotics for four months.
Hoping this would work.

It didn’t. It’s progressively gotten worse. We aren’t even waiting for the 4 month mark.

So he goes in on Friday the 20th to take out the joint.
Wait for 3 months.
Then put in another one.

He’s tired and discouraged.

He hasn’t been to CrossFit for months and months.

We decided not to cancel our trip to Denver to see kids.
We needed it.
We took our youngest daughter with her baby.
So we are surrounded by lots and lots of babies.
All girls.






I love this picture. 
The monkey is the same monkey that we had in the NICU
to use for size comparison when they were 1 and 2 pounds. 

And the empty box is highly entertaining. 


  


Lynsey and Candice 


I’ve decided my children are out to get back at me.

My daughter Lynsey
Has daughters: Lexi
                         Lucy
                         Lilly
My daughter Candice has
                         Lillian
My son Nate has
                          Locklyn
                          Leighton

Today while trying to get attention of one of the granddaughters
I said “whoever the L” pay attention.

It’s been so fun to have this diversion.

We leave to go back to Idaho tomorrow.
And I’ll go back to work.

It’s been crazy in the ER.
People’s hysteria is nuts.
People have been stealing masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.

I’m less that excited to have Howie in the hospital during this time.
But we have no choice.
I already have plans to self quarantine from him.



*taking a deep breath”




2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello! It is so good to see you back in blogland. I was gone a while too. So sorry to hear about Howie's knee. I hope the next surgery goes better and has long-term success. Glad you got to go to Denver to see your grandchildren. Take care of yourself and him too. It's crazy world out there right now. Prayers and hugs from UT.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't believe what I'm reading about Howie's knee. I am so sorry. I feel so bad for him. Glad you got to visit with the kids. The pictures are too cute! I will be praying for Howie and that your whole family is safe during these trying times.