Saturday, November 16, 2019

WHEN IT RAINS.....

At the end of September Howie had his second knee replacement.
All went well.

Until 4 weeks later.
He ended up with a septic joint.
Infection that landed in the new joint.

So on the 28th of October he had another knee surgery.


Now he has a PICC line and gets IV antibiotics every 8 hours for 6 weeks. 
The insurance approved me to be able to do the antibiotic infusions. 

In the midst of the not so awesome stuff. 
Awesome stuff happened. 

My baby girl had a baby girl. 

Lillian was born on November 12th by cesarean section. 

 And because I was unable to get any time off work at all my sweet daughter in law came from Utah
to take care of us all. 
She does Howie’s infusions while I’m at work and is taking care of Candice who came to stay to recover. 

A whole couch of beautiful girls. 
And my oldest granddaughter holding my youngest granddaughter. 

8 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, Egan so much is happening in your world. I feel so bad that your sweetheart is having so much difficulty with his knee joint replacement. Speedy recovery. I'm glad that you can give him his injections. What a busy household...
Congratulations on your new baby granddaughter. She looks so big and beautiful. I hope all goes well with all of you.
Hugs, Julia


Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry to hear about Howie's knee. Praying he will be well soon. I can't imagine going through that and my heart goes out to him.

Congratulations on the birth of Lillian. She is so precious. What a beautiful gift from God. Enjoy each moment with her. How wonderful that your daughter in law to come and help. Take care and God Bless all of you.

shiba said...

take and god bless you ganga bhakti
bhakti gana

Marsha said...

So sorry to hear about Howie. Hope he will be on the mend soon.
What a beautiful baby and such a great daughter-in-law to come and help you all.
Take care, my prayers are with your family.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi again! I am back in blog land after a 10 month absence. So sorry to hear about your hubby, but glad he is doing better and that you are able to help with his care. Congrats on that sweet new grandbaby. I will stop by for another visit again soon.
Love ya,
~ Deb Jones

jatin said...

Hi, so sorry to hear about Howie, Take care, god will bless her my prayers with you and your family.

jatin said...

satta king play bazaar

Kerin said...

Heartfelt prayers for your hubby's recovery.
You certainly have had some emotional ups and downs recently!
Congrats to all on the new baby, and we'll keep you all in our prayers that your sweetheart makes a speedy and full recovery.

~K.


(Is Howie receiving Vancomycin or Gentamicin?
There are some heavy-duty antibiotics that really beat the stuffing out of infections... Yay!)