Friday, March 27, 2020

ORGANIZING BUG

While Howie was off recovering from this latest knee surgery I planned on doing some reorganizing.

It has been therapeutic.
And all this was before I found out he was being laid off.


 
 I decided to get last years fruit out of the freezer and made jam. I’ll do that tomorrow when it thaws.

I checked seals on jars and cleaned things up. 


We got a new upright freezer last week. 
It was good to get the food out of a chest freezer and 
organize the cow. 

This is stuff we do use. 


And so is this. 

Several years ago I realized how awesome it was to have amazon deliver 
toilet paper. 
These days I am thankful!!!!


I’m thankful for church leaders who have taught us for decades to store food and necessities. 
We never know when we will need it. 



I also planted some seed to put in the garden 
Because of a short growing season I plant hardy plants. 
I look forward to watching tomatoes and peppers grow. 
 

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, I'm impressed and yes your church definitely has taught you wonderful skills.
I need to catch that bug!!! I've been even lazier than normal.

Julia said...

You are ready for a very long time. Wow, that a lot of provisions.
I'm sure you will have no problem surviving for a long time. I have foodstuff in the pantry and in the freezer but nothing like this.
Stay safe and healthy.
Hugs, Julia

Saimi said...

Looking good!! I never thought about buying toilet paper from Amazon, we just pick it up at Costco when its on sale. We aren't hurting and will be good for awhile. My storage room could use some sprucing up but like you I'm very thankful for the leadership and direction in not just food storage but everyday supplies. I haven't been to the store since this crazy virus hit. Can't say the husband hasn't though, he likes his pop tarts and that is one thing not in my storage room haha.
Glad you both are doing well.
Saimi

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes,i t is awesome to have some food storage, isn't it? You and Howie are in my prayers.

Doran & Jody said...

Looks awesome! Would you have time to come and organize my chaos so I can add to the organized chaos? I wouldn't even know the first thing how to can meat. I'm so untalented.