Tuesday, December 26, 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS

It's early in the  morning the day after Christmas and I'm sitting here in my quiet dark house.

I have loved this holiday season.
I always have loved this season.

The lights and the music and the bustle.

I love it all.

Yesterday for me was spent in the ER.
I've been a nurse for 23 years.
Of those 23 years, I have spent 19 Christmass or Christmas Eve's working.

Yesterday while I was at work, Howie took Candice and went skiing.
So different than last year when he was 1 week post Open Heart.
So different.

I thought about him all day yesterday.
I thought about all the changes this year brought to us.




















Good changes.
And I am so thankful.

We are so blessed.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

You delivered the best Christmas gift of all....your service. And what a wonderful gift you were given last year and still have this year. And yes, good changes make wonderful blessings.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Merry Christmas!

Julia said...

I'm so happy for you. Yes you are blessed and you deserve it for working on Christmas day for so many year, giving of your time and energy to care for others. May you have many more years together.
Season's Greetings.
Hugs, Julia

Barb said...

Hi~

Merry Christmas! The view out your window is amazing! Loved your thoughts today...you really are a hero to so many who need you on Christmas Day! I have had to take my children (more that once!) to the ER on Christmas, and I so appreciated the nurses and doctors who work tirelessly for all those who need them, especially on holidays...thank you!! I love that Howie is out on the slopes with your daughter! Did you think a year ago that it was possible?! I'll bet you didn't want to let him out of your sight. He's a miracle!

Have a wonderful New Year!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb