Wednesday, December 6, 2017

31,565,000 HEARTBEATS

My mind has been racing over the events of a year ago.

I had just gotten to work and heard the ambulance tones go off.

CPR in progress.

Helicopter flight.

36 very tense hours of waiting.

 I was in the front of that helicopter.


Since that day.......December 6, 2016......
He's had about 31,565,000 heartbeats.
I am so very thankful for each one of them.

I am so mindful of a loving Father in Heaven that allowed him to stay with me.
I felt the presence of angels ministering to his body.
I have never prayed harder in my life for anything.
And every single prayer I had was answered.

I don't know why.
I know we are not more worthy than others who haven't had their prayers answered in such a manner, but I am so very thankful.

It made Christmas so sweet last year.

He was in the hospital for 13 days.
8 of those was before they would do bypass surgery.
They wanted his heart and brain to "cool off".

Then he had his open heart on the 14th and went home 3 days later.

His recovery is nothing less than miraculous.
And I still count the heartbeats.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Wow Tauna, what a wonderful story to tell over and over. Keep on counting the heart beats. Each one is really a miracle.
Happy Hollidays.
Hugs, Julia

Saimi said...

We don't fully understand Gods plan for us, but He clearly made it understood it wasn't time for Howard to go. I'm sure you'll be counting those heartbeats for a long time. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

God is so good! Thank you for sharing and bringing me to tears of happiness for you.

Marsha said...

I too, have been in your position with my husband being lifeflighted into Salt Lake, City. Besides the members of our church, our little town also had a prayer chain going. The prayers went up and the blessings came down. Keep counting those heartbeats...praying you and your husband have many more heartbeats of time together!

Barb said...

Hi~

What a tender story...prayers are heard and answered. We just never know what is in store for us, so we need to love more, and hug a little tighter don't we. Right now we are going through a heartbreaking tragedy, but know that, God has a plan, this is not the end, just a very short stop on our road to eternity. So glad you can put your head on his heart and hear it beating, what an amazing sound!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb