Tuesday, August 26, 2014

FLORIDA


I still can't believe I was able to have such an amazing vacation!

After leaving Brunswick, Georgia
and spending 26 hours in the Atlanta airport....

I made it to Florida.

Three days of beaches!

And ocean.


Beautiful sunsets.

And amazing friends!
Diane, me and Rebecca

Enjoying the pier on Navarre Beach

These were our hosts.
Gary and Cortney.
Cortney is due any day with their first baby.
Cortney is Diane's daughter.
They were so kind and patient.

Imagine having your home invaded by 3 middle-aged women.
Yikes.

The sand was so warm and beautiful.
I'll need to remember this day in January.

Diane feeding the gulls.



It was a blast!






9 comments:

Kerin said...

Looks like such fun!!

Yes.. remember all that sunshine, and warmth this winter :)

Julia said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my.... such a vacation is a precious gift to yourself. I'm so glad that you had such a great time and had returned home safely with great memories. Thanks for sharing great photos of you and your friends.

Hugs,
JB

RoeH said...

And I'll bet you're not even missing the early fall they are getting in Idaho. What? Did I hear snow? Nah. Just jerkin' your chain. Have fun in the Florida wonder air that made my face feel newborn again.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love all the pictures and so glad you had a blast!

Saimi said...

I'm feeling it!! Oh the sun, sand and friends - What an amazing vacation, I think I'm going to revisit this post in January!

gigi said...

There is no place like the gulf coast of Florida! My favorite ever! So glad you got to sit and swim and walk on that beautiful beach, it's just the best! Sorry about that nasty airport part and hope you never have to do that again!
Love you much!

Jenny Lynn said...

Sand in the toes,sunsets and good friends. All the makings for a great vacation. Glad you got to spend sometime in the sun. Florida looks like it would be a great place to visit. :)

Just Mags said...

I am so happy for you that you made it to FL and had such a wonderful time. Hugs

Nancy Face said...

What a fantastic trip you had! Well, except for the part where you were stuck in the airport, UGH! But gee whiz - ocean, lighthouses, shrimp, spooky trees...SO COOL!