Thursday, April 1, 2010

{Tag} you're it!

So Romma-lama-ding-dong tagged me today.
I think she has a real name.
It might be Keeley or something really cute like that, but I just call her Romma-ding or Lama-Dong. for the life of me I can't figure out what possessed her to come up with that name for her blog....I may have to hold her down and give her noogies until she tells me.
She used to live in Rexburg, we may have even crossed paths, not knowing that years later when blogs were invented we would be friends.
Anywayz....she tagged me.
"Hey Romma-ding it's snowing here!"
So I must tell some stuff about me.
So here goes:

What song has captured your mind lately?
I can't get enough of 10 million fireflies by Owl City

It has the cutest lightest tune and the words are hilarious. I honestly will play it over and over. It doesn't really make sense but I love it.

What TV show do you catch regularly?
My TV is never on except on Tuesday night CBS at 7:00.

I mean seriously, isn't Mark Harmon the yummiest?
Our hometeachers came during NCIS....once....a quick karate chop and they didn't come back for 99 years
I really have a thing for gray-haired guys. Good thing too. If there is any doubt check out the yummy looking gray-haired guy on my sidebar. "Quit gagging kids, be grateful I love your father and besides you're all cute cuz of him"

What books really engage you?
I love books.
I love the smell of books and libraries.
I love touching books.
I love reading books.
I love everything about them.
My favorite of all time was The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
I always like light reading by Nicolas Sparks.
The fatter the book the better, except the unabridged version of Les Mis. It took me an entire summer to read it and I hated it. So many words to get to the meat of the book.

What movies do you find yourself re-watching over and over?
I would have to say Jeremiah Johnson OR The Sacketts.

"this here's an Arkansas toothpick and it's real sharp"
I could listen to Sam Elliot talk all day and twice on Sunday.
I also bought Blindside last week and watched it twice in one day.
I love strong woman characters.

What is something that is over-rated lately.
Body-piercing.
Hands down.

Seriously the biggest babies we get in the ER crying cuz they're gonna have to have a shot in their bum are the ones with the most tats and piercings. Really?
I can't even concentrate on what people are saying cause I'm so fascinated watching them try to talk like normal people while they are fidgeting with the hardware on their tongue....and the teeth that are broken. And the lip piercings? Oh, and lip rings..."People don't you like kissing?"
and do they make it through airport security?
And another thing that is seriously over-rated.......CELL PHONES!!!
For reals!
Does anyone ever just have a normal conversation without their phones?
Does anyone drive without a phone attached to their ear?
I see these moms with little kids and the moms are gabbing blah blah blah on their phones and their kids are totally ignored.
I just want to walk up to them and smack 'em!
"Hang up the phone and talk to the people that are in front of you for pity sake!"
OK I think maybe I feel better now

What is the best-kept music secret you need to share?
Anything produced by Windham Hill!
Totally love all the artists.

I even met George Winston one time. Such an amazing artist.
I love their Celtic stuff.
Brian Dunning "We Follow a Star"
I love music that calms me. Occasionally I admit I am a wee bit high strung. I like music that calms the inner beast.
I also like Ryan Farish.
Oh, and Creed. ya, I know, NOT calming, but I like 'em.

What comfort food has been important to you as of late?
Peanut M&M's....chilled.
Junior Mints....chilled.
Peanut butter and jam on white bread.
I think the snow is getting to my normally very rational mind.

What is your favorite hiding places?
First fave: My huckleberry patch.

I love driving through the beautiful forests to get there and it's only 20 minutes from my house if I'm driving. 35 minutes if Howie drives it.
Second fave: I'm also like Romma-ding, I like being behind my camera.

Things look different through the lens.
Up close.
Focused.
Third fave: Again, I'm like Dinga-long, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sunshine.
I am solar-powered.
Right now my batteries are in SERIOUS need of recharging.
I need me some sunlight and soon!

Do you collect anything?
No. It sucks the life outta me.

Favorite Beverage?
When I'm in control? Water.
When I'm a raging lunatic not in control? Pepsi.

What store do you frequent the most?
ebay

Who is your favorite male celebrity?
Mark Harmon or Tom Brokaw (best newscaster ever!)

Favorite female celebrity?
Probaby Abby on NCIS.

I don't know what she's like in real life, I just love how quirky her TV character is. Makes me wanna be a forensic scientist.

Favorite color as of late?
Sage green. I love that color.

OK, so there ya have it. Way too much info I'm sure. But thanks Romma-ding! It was sorta fun.

Now I'm tagging:
Mary, Ann(old fashion girl), Serene, Wendy (botox), Scrappy Girl, April and Kado!
Thanks for playing!

25 comments:

LKP said...

i ADORE this! your answers rock. and i'm thinking perhaps sam elliott is the reason why i loved "did you hear about the morgans" so much....but i don't know hugh grant's voice is lovely too....i'm a sucker for a good voice. seriously, sam elliott could say "cardboard, it's what's for dinner" and i'd be all about a cardboard filet! same goes for sean connery though, too. =)
good voices go places!
as for the snow, i do feel for you. i'm sad for ya, cause apparently you're like me & need the sun. at the same time, i'd totally take that snow off your hands in a minute, since we really didn't get much more than a skiff this past winter. =( the long snow season is what i wanted to get away from the most when i lived there, and now that we're without it, i miss it. i know, i'm completely lame. ah well.
i agree, we seriously DO need to hang out & fast! have a great easter weekend. and take oodles of pix of those grandbabies while you can!

LKP said...

one word: EDITING!
am cramming to get some more of these engagements finished. the bride is in utah & hoping to see some up on the other bloggie of mine real soon. it's a long story, but i'm more than happy to put in the extra hours for her. she's a gem! =) kinda like you.
yeah iceberg's not as on my way to anything except THERE. one of my fave destinations, just am not always destined for it. but i want to come through there in october, but as cherie pointed out the obvious, i'll have met you already that weekend! lol. =) other than that, no CURRENT plans to head that direction or to SLC (which is usually close enough in my book to pop up for a visit). but that's me. i'll work on it, promise. probably by the time you wake up and see this, i should have more from the engagement session over on the LKP blog. check it out if you'd like. =) nitey-nite!\
oooooh!!!!!!!!! p.s. GO SEE HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON!!! for realsies, it is soooo off the hook!

Connie said...

I thought I had written the part about books! That's EXACTLY how I feel!
Nice to know you better!

LKP said...

p.p.s.
i HATE piercings, especially in the face! most especially the tongue!!!
from a dental perspective that drives me INSANE!!!!!
idiots.

gigi said...

The more I learn about you the more I love you and we are meeting in real person sometime soon!

Scrappy Girl said...

Collecting sucks the life out of you? Interesting. BTW...the flowers on my blog header are in the Wynn Hotel in Vegas. I wish they were mine!

Julie Harward said...

Fun learning about you Tauna..I don't think I could do that good. I agree with you on a lot of those! I hope you'll have a great conf. weekend...come say hi :D (my new post isn't coming up on blog lists)

Barbaloot said...

That's a fun one that I haven't seen around much---I may have to steal it:)

Also, that picture on your Sidebar of the older man praying is the same one my parents have in their kitchen. Fun to see it on here:)

Valerie said...

How fun to get to know you better. I like NCIS and have wondered what Abby (whatever her real name is) is like in real life too. :)

Together We Save said...

I love NCIS!! Abby is the best! I have to say I am addicted to USA reruns!!

Ann Marie said...

Oh my word Tauna.. you are hilarious! I seriously was thinking YAY!! and lol at so many of your "things"..

I am going to have to read your favorite book.. and also some Nicholas Sparks.. because I LOVE his movies!

Cell Phones.. SPOT ON!
I have wanted to do a post on it for such a long time.. but I know I would offend some of my friends.. so I have got to think it out first.. AMEN though! Amen!!

I am going to do this.. it was so fun to read.. and I look forward to meeting you one of these days.. ( maybe a tuesday night? lol!)

PS: Yes.. Mark Harmon, Tom Brokaw and Sean Connery have all been lookers for their age! :)AGREED!

Brenda said...

You are such a hoot! AND ditto...books, Sam Elliott (I LOVE westerns!!), piercings, etc....all except the sun, it is 80 degrees today, my windows are open and I can smell the orange blossoms!!

Happy Easter!

Laura said...

Hmmmm... You love strong woman characters.

Surprising.

;)

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Fun to learn more about you. That song is in my head too. It's addicting. How's your recovery going?

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fun post!

I loved your cell phone rant! I am SOOOOO with you on this one!!!! I wonder how it is in Europe....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My husband like PB M&M's cold too!
I love them but not cold.
Happy Easter

Anonymous said...

That picture of Mark Harmon is kinda beside your Hubby's picture and there are MAJOR similarities!!! No wonder you think Mark Harmon is a hottie! He looks like your Hubby ;)

And BOOKS! I love books. Have you ever read Diana Gabaldon? If not you MUST. I mean. The main characters are personal friends of mine and very wonderful people. You really should read her. AND her books are big fat novels...

Oooh Sam Elliot. My Mom loves him, as do I. My Step Dad never misses a chance to point out to my Mom that Sam Elliot is only 5 foot 5. Really, he is short. My Step Dad is 6 foot 2. So it's obvious that my Mom likes tall men ;)

Great list! I enjoyed learning more about you. You are such a funny gal!!

wendy said...

What???? You tagged me AGAIN. I am going to run down to Idaho and SMACK you, give you a smack-down.
Remember..I. Am. Not. That. Interesting.

BUT I realized some things about US>
I too love Mark Harmon. Yummo
BUT I don't watch NCIS (or whatever it is)

Water...WHO drinks water?? Stick with the Pepsi

And I have a CD by Windam Hill too. Oh yeah baby.

And Back to hot guys...Sam Elliot.. His VOICE, are you serious. Sooooo sexy.
and p.s. Mr. Gorgeous is a Hot guy.

The Huckleberry Patch eh.

oh yeah, and another thing, that connects You and Me...I love the Hiding Place too!!!
READ THIS: Eleni by Nicholas Gage (true story) it is amazing.

anway, ta ta you tagging whore

wendy said...

Oh, and I love ya, whores can be kinda cool (tee,hee)

Yvonne said...

Fun, fun, fun.

We watch NCIS, too. I get such a kick out of Abby.

I totally agree about the body piercings.

I have never eaten my M&M's chilled.

It's always fun to get to know more about people--and this was a fun way to get to know more about you.

Have a fabulous Easter.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Great post! I love when I can read about all of you and find your likes and dislikes.
Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Happy Easter.
Love
Maggie

Nana said...

With you on the piercings and the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like NCIS too!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Wow, am I slow or WHAT!!! Geez Serene, get with the program already! I've been tagged? Yea!

I am SOOOO with you on just about everything you said! Especially NCIS. I heart Gibbs. And Abby is the bomb. (Oh gosh, I'm reverting back to my teenage self. Did I really just use the word bomb?"

Sher said...

What?!! You met George Winston?!!!

Can you say jealous!
George Winston is my all time favorite person of all time. He is my hero...my mentor...the person I always wanted to be when I grow up.

kado! said...

Ahh!!! I HATE weird piercings too! It is so so ugly!

how fun!

I will put that on my to-do list...right now it is only 5 pages long, down form 6...I got some things done today!! yea!