Monday, September 16, 2019

RANDOM THOUGHTS

I felt very somber all day on 9-11
I remember vividly what I was doing that morning.
I was so glued to the TV, not being able to comprehend what was happening.
And why.
I would never want another 9-11
But I do miss the days following that day.

I often ponder my blessings.
And my hubby is one of my greatest blessings.

This last weekend was the student invasion.
BYU-I began classes this week. 
Dawn from Momza's blog stayed with us as all the hotels were full.
It was fun to meet and visit.
Blogging was such a bigger deal 10+ years ago.
But friends I have made doing that have stuck!

I loved a little FaceTime last night.
The twins are getting so big.
I wish they lived closer.

I made deviled eggs this morning.

This was a fun find.

The nights are cooling off and the Quaking Aspens are starting to turn colors.
Fall is fast approaching.

And Christmas is 100 days away!

6 comments:

Julia said...

Most people would say that you are lucky to have such an addiction. The 9/11 attack has been branded in everyone's mind but I wonder for how long. After a while, the younger ones tend to forget. I never want to experience something like that again either.

My, those little girls have grown and they are such blessings. It's been years since I've found a double yolk egg. The store-bought eggs don't seem to have double yolks.

Blogging seems to have slowed down to a crawl lately and I also have slowed down blogging since there are fewer and fewer bloggers friends posting. It takes the fun out of it.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer. Autumn is happening faster this year. The trees are already changing here too.
Hugs, Julia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I too will never forget where I was and what I was doing on 9/11. You must have been very busy with the student invasion. Yes blogging was a big deal 10 years ago. I still post and I love the connections I've made over the years. The babies look so cute. That is crazy about the eggs!!

jen said...

You and Momza got to meet? That's fantastic! Remember when we met eight years ago and you so kindly brought dinner to my Heidi when she had her first baby? I'll never forget the kindness of a blogging friend. You're right. It was different ten years ago, but there are still a few of us hanging on!

Marsha said...

Since Instagram entered my life, I'm afraid I'm one of the bloggers who very rarely takes the time to blog. I keep telling myself to get with the program and start blogging, again. I do, however, continue following and reading all the faithful bloggers who have continued the blogging journey. Thanks for being one of those.

Barb said...

Hi!

Looks like you have had a busy summer!

I miss those days after 9/11 too, it sure did seem like our country was more unified.

I love it when I get a double egg yolk!

The twins are sure cuties...don't you just love Face time?!
.
Blogging has been kind of hit and miss for me this summer. I'm hoping to get better at it. I feel like it is a better way to connect, maybe on a personal level than F
B or Instagram.

I have two grands going to BYUI! Life just gets away from us doesn't it?! Just yesterday they were in grade school!

Good to visit!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Momza's House said...

First, THANK YOU for hosting me and my gang while we left our Caboose at school! You are a blessing in my life!
Second, I didn't get near enough time to really visit with you, so the next time I come to visit, I hope that we get that time!!
I hope your sweetheart's recovery is quick and full and ya'll have a wonderful fall in your little piece of heaven on earth!