Sunday, September 1, 2019

How is it September already????

I love Fall and everything that it entails.
Cooler nights.
Veggies from the garden.
Canning. 
I made these Christmas Pickles.
They are a pain to make because they sit in water for 5 days that is drained off each night and new boiling water poured over the cukes.
Then on day 6 you make a syrup and boil that and pour it off every night for 9 days.
And boil it and pour it over the cukes again.
Not hard, just a pain.
But we love them.
And you can't buy them in the store.

The sunsets are stunning.
Between the grain dust in the air and fires somewhere the skies are beautiful.


My grandkids are growing up.
Locklyn heads off to preschool.

We had a youth group from our church over last Sunday. 
They listened to a couple of speakers and then played musical chairs.
It's been awhile since I have laughed so hard.


And this little sweetie is now 29 weeks.
We are all pretty excited about the impending birth!
How did my baby girl grow up so fast?


4 comments:

Julia said...

You have lots of patience to make those Christmas pickles. I remember my mother in law making those pickles. I never was tempted to make them because of the long process.

Your little granddaughter resembles you I think. She has grown fast. She looks so happy and proud.
It won't be long that you'll have another grandkid.

Enjoy Labor Day.
Hugs, Julia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that is a labor of love on those pickles!
I agree, the sunset have been beautiful. I had recently told my husband that September has the best sunsets!
Locklyn is so beautiful.
Nice of you to be involved with the youth group.
A baby is coming, how exciting!!!!

Kerin said...

Your pickles surely are a labor of love, and look so yummy.

Yay, another Grand! How exciting!

I can just imagine how much fun it was to watch the kids play musical chairs...**smile**.

Have a lovely week, and hopefully, soon we'll be enjoying cooler temps to go along with September.

Smiles :)
~K.

shiba said...

have a lovely bhakti site ganga bhakti
bhakti gana