Friday, August 16, 2019

PEACEFUL

We have now lived in our house for 2 1/2 years.

There has been no regret.  I do miss the neighbors we left behind.

And I miss my dirt.

Here we live on a riverbed.

River rock is my dirt.

I had to buy dirt.

This year is my first year to do a garden. Howie built me 4 garden boxes and I put my paid for dirt and manure in it.

I long for loamy soil, but I know it will come.

You can't sink your shovel into this stuff.

But I am still thankful we moved here.

And in spite of the new garden, I'm not going to complain about it.
My tomatoes are gigantic and I've even enjoyed some grape tomatoes.

And I plant zucchini because it makes me feel like I'm a good gardener.
Even though you can't hardly kill the stuff. 
And I picked enough to make a double batch of spicy relish.
Which tastes delicious!


I know I have way too many things in a small space.
But I have also enjoyed basil and lots of cucumbers.


Lots and lots of cucumbers.
I had enough to start a batch of my Christmas Pickles.

And this! I love this squash. I planted four hills of it.
It stores well during the winter and they are just the right size for the two of us.
We also planted 9 different fruit trees. These were planted the first summer we were here.
This is my plum tree. Sorta sad looking.

We planted two peach trees and two pear trees.

Also an apricot tree and four apple trees.
So far the harvest has been minimal.
But it is fun to see things grow.
I also cleaned out the coop.
We moved it with us when we left Rexburg.
I still love having the chickens.
The eggs are a nice benefit.


Is there anything more peaceful than watching chickens roam the yard?






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your garden might be small but mighty. Bigger is more work and we get overrun with veggies. There is satisfaction from eating homegrown veggies. I'm jealous of your fruit trees. I planted some blueberry bushes this spring. They haven't grown much this summer.
Your zucchini relish looks yummy.
Enjoy the rest of the summer. It's going fast.
Hugs, Julia

Kerin said...

Wow! I feel like this is an echo to my comment on your earlier post, but time flies!

Change can be bitter~sweet, that's for certain.
I miss certain things as well, and it's only been a matter of weeks for us.

Love, love your trees!! Way to go on getting them planted right away.
We've planted around 5, I think, and our goal is to get 10 in the ground before summer is over with :)

Your fluffy butt chickens are adorable, and fresh eggs are the best!

Smiles :)
~K.

Momza said...

Nice green thumb you have! Your garden is healthy and full! I love the smell of fresh basil! I buy the little plants at the grocery store so I can snip it for recipes.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm impressed. Your garden looks amazing. My son did boxes this year and had a nice garden. Sorry about the issue with the river rock. Canning and chickens, how awesome is that!

ali said...


I m Really looking forward to read more. Your site is very helpful for us .. This is one of the awesome post i got the best information through your site and Visit also this site
aarti
Really many thanks

shiba said...

amazing garden and check this website also ganga bhakti
bhakti gana

jatin said...

your garden is very beautiful, your post is very awesome.satta king play bazaar