Monday, May 7, 2018

TWO WEEKS IN DENVER

I'm finally home after spending two weeks in Denver.

I'm so thankful that I had the time to be there and try to be helpful.
Lynsey is healing well after the C-Section.

We spent a lot of time in the NICU and I am so amazed and impressed with the hospital and staff. I'm so thankful that they are there.




The day after her C Section, a lady came in and offered her a complimentary massage.
She enjoyed that for over an hour!
It was so appreciated and helped her finally get some sleep.

The babies are little Rockstars!
 So very tiny
 This picture is in the OR and they are working to stabilize and intubate Lucy.
Lucy was the tiniest at 1 pound 15 ounces. 
Over the next 14 days she has lost ounces and gained ounces and was as low as 1 pound 4 ounces.
Finally yesterday she hit 2 pounds 3 ounces!
Lilly was 2 pounds 4 ounces at birth. She had some losses as well. She got as low as 2 pounds 1 ounce.
Yesterday she was up to 2 pounds 11 ounces.

The progress they have made is so incredible and we are so thankful.
 

 This is my wedding ring that Lilly has in her grasp.
Lynsey wanted so much to be able to pick them up.

These were the diapers that they started out with, but were too big.
 
To say that we are thankful is an understatement.
 
My brother called Sunday night to ask how the twins were doing.
I told him that we are so amazed at their progress.
I told him they were miracles.
He said to me "sis, your family lives on miracles"
And after the year and a half we have had....
I have to agree.
 


3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, they are so tiny and I am so happy that they are doing so well. God has definitely blessed you. I will be praying for their continued success and for the day they can go home.
God Bless all of you.....

Just Mags said...

Precious little miracles. Prayers for those adorable little ones to grow and thrive. Congratulations to all. Hugs

Julia said...

Your brother is right. Your family lives on miracles. I'm just amazed at how tiny the babies are and I'm so happy they are gaining weight. Everything will be all right. Thanks for sharing this real-life drama with us. I'm there in spirit.
Hugs and prayers, Julia