Monday, October 23, 2017

The Irish Twins

Life is busy and I get behind posting pictures but wanted to share these.

I spent several days babysitting for these little monkeys...
Little "Lella" is nearly two.

 And "Lolo" is nearly 3
 They are "Irish Twins". Born 11 months apart.
Miss "Lella" was born very preterm and spent many weeks in the NICU, but she is doing so well.
It was discovered earlier this year that she has Cerebral Palsy. Of course we ache about that, but she is a sweet tender little love and I love snuggles from her.
It appears to have affected her legs, she has great movement on her hands and arms, but her legs have been affected.
But thankfully to modern miracles and medicine she should make great strides.  She does and amazing army crawl.
And just a week ago she had Botox injections in her legs. This is to keep her leg muscles from being so spastic and as time goes on the hope is that she will be able to walk.


I didn't get pictures of the two older boys. Krew nearly 10 and Kendrix nearly 8. Happy beautiful little guys that love their baby sisters.

This one is a clone of his dad.
Full of energy!

Krew is such a doting big brother. I love watching how tender he is with his sisters.

I love this family picture of them all.

I need to get the rest of my kids to get family photos done.
Maybe that will be my project when they are around for Thanksgiving.



5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi!

What adorable little grands...don't they just pull at your heartstrings?! Little, Lella is just as sweet as she can be...oh my, I love those special little ones...maybe because I have a little grand who was born with, osteopetrosis, a super rare recessive gene disease. She had a bone marrow transplant when she was just 5 months old, and is now 15! She is blind and very autistic, but, smart as can be, plays the piano by ear, and never, ever forgets a birthday! We love her to bits! I can tell that you are the best grandma ever, and their parents must be very special as well. I think that Heavenly Father truly sent these special little angels to angel parents and grandparents...;0)

You have such a beautiful family - and "Irish Twins", who knew!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Marsha said...

What a beautiful family. Being a grandma is absolutely the best, ever!

To be honest, I've never even heard of Irish twins....I had to go and look it up. I found a site that went into most all details of being an Irish twin. It was very interesting. What a little trooper, Lella is.

What a wonderful time to get more photos to post - Thanksgiving. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Julia said...

My heart ache for you and the parents. As loving grandmothers, we want our grandbabies to be strong, healthy and smart but sometime these little ones have something they want to teach us. They are all God's work of art.

I hope that with all the new discoveries they will be able to make Lella walk some day.
I love that family photo too. A beautiful family.
Hugs, Julia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How blessed you are. The children are beautiful!

Saimi said...

Oh how I love grandparenting!! How wonderful you got to spend time with your darling kids. You must have a magic touch to have them napping like that, so sweet and cuddly. The boys are so handsome and grown up looking, wow!! You are a very blessed Grandma and they are very blessed to have you!!
Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you get more pictures to post, I'll be looking forward to seeing them!!
Hugs
Saimi