Thursday, July 12, 2018

July already?

I brought Lexi home with me when I went to Denver last month. 
We have had a good time. 
An Olive Garden date....she loves the breadsticks. 


She sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed.
This is what I woke up to this morning.
She may have a snacking problem.
We spent a few hours making strawberry jam.

And Lexi sampled it.
I think she approved. 



And in other exciting news....
Little Miss Lilly came home!

Lexi was facetiming.
Looks like we snapped the picture right as she was spitting up.
Lynsey looks tired. 
She has to wake her every 3 hours to feed her.

The cheeks are so kissable!

We aren't sure when Lucy will come home.
She's a little stinker and doesn't want to eat very well.

Their due date is the 17th of July.
Hopefully she will bust outta there before then.
It still amazes me that they have done so well.
They were born April 24th.
Wow!

For the 4th of July weekend we went to our family reunion.


There was hiking in these beautiful mountains.

It was fun to reconnect with cousins we hadn't seen for a year.
Cousin Bill, Howie and son Matt went hiking with a passel of kids.


Nothing as beautiful to me as the Sawtooths.
It was a much needed getwaway. 
My soul was fed.

I'm back at work for three days and then another QUICK trip to Denver.
Whew.
The summer is going way too fast. 

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't believe it is July already! How nice that you had Lexi with you. That is wonderful news on Miss Lilly. Hope Lucy will join her soon. Wow, they were definitely born very early. Looks like it was a nice 4th of July.

Julia said...

What great news that Miss Lilly came home. I just can't get over those chubby cheeks. The twins were in a rush to be born but thank goodness for the neonatal teams and advance in medicine for keeping them alive. I can only imagine the stress that all this has been on the parents and grandparents.
It's so nice that you could get away for a little while. I'm still working at the farm and I'm itching to retire. Still no buyers for the cattle.

Enjoy the rest of summer.
Hugs, Julia

Barb said...

I can't believe how long it's been since I've been online! I've missed at least two of your posts! Those sweet babies are so adorable - they look so healthy and cute, I'll bet you just soaked them up! I'm so glad that they are doing well, it's really so scary. Congrats on Lilly getting to come home!

Your family reunion looks amazing, nothing like getting back in touch with nature...the photos are gorgeous!

I love grandma time, and I think it's so cute that Lexi sleeps by your bed on the floor, and hey, who doesn't love cereal, snacking is good, so is, Olive Garden!

And lastly, congratulations on 40 years of marriage!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb