Monday, August 21, 2017

THE GREAT AMERICAN ECLIPSE

There aren't words to describe how absolutely amazing the eclipse was.
I'm so thrilled that we were in the path of totality. It was astonishing that even a sliver of the sun peeking through on either side of the moon gave so much light.


We had about 35 people....friends and family that came to stay and enjoy this event. We had tents all over the lawn!

Here are some of the pictures I took.
But most of them were pictures I downloaded from other photographers.
Wow. Just wow.
Prior to actually seeing one, I couldn't figure out what all the hoopla was.
I was irritated by all of the hassle at work, denied vacations, extra overtime, instructions from city leaders to stock up on groceries, gas and water prior to the weekend.
There was expected to be about 100,000 extra people in the area.

But now that I have experienced a total eclipse....I'm hooked. I want to experience another one.
It was surreal.

It was amazing.
The corona was breathtaking.
Totality was perfect. So glad we were in it.
Time lapse
I thought this one was so cool.



And one of the other highlights was having Gigi come out to stay with us.
She is a blog friend I have kept in touch with. I visited her a couple of times in Georgia and this is the first time she has been to our place.
I sort of feel bad for her.
The house was a zoo for the weekend...while I was at work.
But my kids all loved her.
Gigi!!!
And later that evening we had a little gathering of other blog friends that through the years I have followed and met.
Gigi, me, Kimmie and Camille.
Kimmie lives about 10 minutes from me and has the best blog.
Camille is from Utah but married a Rexburg boy.
None of them blog much anymore, but I have loved building these great friendships.

The sun continued its showing off with a fabulous sunset.
Wow.
The whole day was unforgettable.

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

The eclipse was amazing. Only 91% here, but it was still way cool. So neat you could have so many people come and hang out to watch the eclipse with you. Also, so neat you have so many blog friends who have become real life friends! I would love to meet up with you sometime myself! Have a great week!

Julia said...

Those photographs are amazing. What a special event to share with friends and family. You are so special to gather people around you. How exciting to even have all those blogger friends with you for this rare event. It must have been spectacular. Unfortunately we didn't see the eclipse in our area.

I'm not sure how I messed this post. It may be that we have a different server. I don't want to miss any of your posts.
Autumn is visiting as the colors are changing and leaves are starting to fall on some trees. It cool in the morning but has been hot and muggy in the afternoon. I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I so appreciate your visits.
Hugs, Julia

Barb said...

Wow!! I have to agree with you, the eclipse was amazing, and more beautiful than I ever imagined! I would definitely travel long distances to see it again. The photos you posted were gorgeous, I loved the time-lapse over the temple, just beautiful!! How fun to have blogging friends with you, that must have been a fabulous day!

Hugs,
Barb



Saimi said...

You were so lucky to have been able to witness it in it's 'totality' we watched it and noticed how shadowy and dark the inside of our house got even though it was still light outside. Our temperature also dropped. It was really an amazing experience so I can just imagine how it was for you guys. What a great crowd you had, made for a fun eclipse party and how cool you got to see your blogger friends. The pictures you posted are amazing. Our Idaho son rented out his house to a family from Virginia just for a night.
Glad to see you posting, I've missed you.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your Fall boarder, I don't change mine anymore.

Oh my, sounds like you had a wonderful time. The media had me so nervous about looking at it that I stayed inside. We only had a partial here. Because I hadn't been out and about with my knee surgery I didn't even realize that you could by glasses!!