Friday, April 9, 2021

IT CONTINUES

I decided to do an accent colored wall. The same color as the island. 


I love the new light fixture. 

Since everything else was looking so good as the improvements continued, we decided to do the floors. 
I don’t love tile. 
It’s cold and hard to stand on for long periods of time. 
Ours also had many cracks. 


I’m totally in love with this color. 
It’s called Pelican Grey. 

Last Saturday we put the house together after all the painting was done, the lights were up and hardware installed on the cabinets and drawers. 
We knew we wouldn’t do anything on Sunday except go to church and enjoy a “day of rest”. 



However on Monday we tore things apart again to start ripping out the tiles. 

Matt came up from Utah to help. 
It’s always fantastic to have the help and muscle. 

I love how everything has turned out so far. 
The only thing left is the backsplash. 
It feels like it has been forever that the house has been torn apart, but it is really only been just over 2 weeks. 

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 



 

7 comments:

Julia said...

You've done a lot of work in that kitchen. I had to go back to the last post to compare. It's looking amazing. I know that tiles are not your favorite, but I love tiles. I love the tiles in the sunroom, in the den, and in the bathrooms. My cushion floor in my kitchen is all knicked up and it was so expensive.

Hang in there, two weeks is a very short time for renovations. You guys are doing great.
Hugs, Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

Everything looks really good. We will probably have one of our bathrooms redone this summer. Hope you have a good weekend.

Saimi said...

Oh my goodness look at the transformation!! It all looks amazing. Your floors are similar to mine and your cabinets are exactly like mine, we just painted ours white. I just love a fresh new look, this is all very exciting and lucky you had some extra muscle around to help out, you can never have enough help! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy! I love having an accent color wall in a room. We have done that in 4 rooms so far.

Maria said...

Blessed are all the silent prayers we say on earth ...
Because they make a lot of noise when they reach heaven and the ears of God ...

Kerin said...

So fun to have a change and refresh! How great to have good help too!

Have a really nice weekend.

~K.

Glücksspiel 10 said...

Thanks for your valuable insights