Friday, May 22, 2020

JAMMIN’

During the year I collect Surejel and sugar and strawberries.

Then I do this.

And I am happy.

And so are my kids, who take a few home every time they come.

We also got the garden planted. I hope it does well. It has been a cold few weeks.
I tried to enjoy breakfast yesterday while this guy was reminding me he hasn’t had his.

Life has yet to feel normal for me,
I have gone to work in the ER as normal, but it still feels off.

I look forward to a new and improved normal.

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the preserving you do. New and improved normal would be nice. Have a wonderful weekend.

Julia said...

Woah, that's a lot of strawberries. I sure do hope it turns back to be the norm soon.
You are so domesticated and you put me to shame. I eat very little sweet even though I love sweets. I no longer can eat strawberries and I use to have my small U-pick for family and friends. Somehow along the way, I got terribly allergic to strawberries. What a downer.
Hugs, Julia

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love freezer jam. I should figure out how to make it. We have had a very cool and windy week down here in SLC and today we finally got rain. Yes, I hope we get back to normal soon as well. Have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Barb said...

Your strawberry jam looks delicious!! I love freezer jam of any kind, it just tastes so fresh and summery. Normal, at this time of the world, seems very far away. Will we ever get back to normal? I think that maybe, this is the new normal. I guess the first place to start is at home, right? As people try to go back to church, shop, go to the movies, eat out, and have more gatherings, we see those numbers go up...kind of scary. Stay safe at the hospital!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Doran & Jody said...

You amaze me with all your talents and ambition. (while I sit here and try not to finish off a bag of "Family Size" bag of M&M's in one sitting.)

Mom of 12 said...

Have you ever canned winter squash?
Sandy