Monday, September 30, 2019

The BRRRRR Months

And just like that......

It's cold outside!
There's snow on them thar' hills.
Yesterday there was snow briefly in the grass.

I guess it is Septembrrrrrr.

I pulled all of the vines and weeds out of my garden.
It was my first attempt at a garden since moving out here.

I could have done much better. 
I hate to see all the tomatoes that went to waste.
They were late to ripen and I didn't cover them last night.

Howie had his second knee replacement done on Thursday last week.
He's doing amazingly well and only one night in the hospital.

PT comes to the house 3 times a week for two weeks, then he will do outpatient PT.
His pain is minimal and he's getting around very well. 

It's nice to have an excuse to take some time off work.
I'm exhausted. I have worked a ton of overtime.

I'll be off now for about 3 weeks.
And I'm not one bit sad about it.

Bye Septembrrrrr.

Welcome Octobrrrrrrr


8 comments:

Marsha said...

You got that right....Septembrrrrrr! Glad your hubby is doing so well.

Barb said...

It is cold outside!! I'm not far from Taylor Mountain, and looking out my window right now...it's covered with snow!

I'm so glad that you are gardening. I remember those hundreds of jars of goodness that you used to can...next year will be better!

Go, Howie! Those new knees are such miracles for so many, I'm so glad that he's feeling good, he's been through so much in the last few years.

Enjoy all that gorgeousness that you are surrounded with...so pretty where you live!

Hugs and Love, Barb

Just Mags said...

Snow already it was 90 here today. I am not ready for snow but sure would like some cooler weather. Glad Howie is doing well after the surgery. Want to let you know that I am no longer blogging but I will visit your blog from time to time. Changes in my life have lead me down different paths and blogging no longer interests me. I hope you are doing well sweet Tauna. Hugs

Julia said...

Wow, snow already. It was cold here too but we are still harvesting. Alberta got almost a meter of snow in their first storm, late September.

Speedy recovery for your husband. I bet he will be doing a happy dance with his new knees. Taking time off together is a good choice.
Take care, and have a happy week.
Hugs, Julia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know my Amber had snow in Great Falls over the weekend!
I'm so glad Howie is doing well. When was his first one? I had my left knee done two years ago and I love it. My recovery seemed rather easy. I like that they send people to the house because it cuts down on your chances of getting an infection. My right knee is doing pretty well with gel injections once a year. Wishing him well.

Saimi said...

Yes, it is getting cold. I'm just sure we never had September the wonderful September weather just skipped on by and it felt like October the whole month. I"m not a fall gardner all my backyard plants are on their own until spring haha. Not to feel sorry for them, they're used to it. I'm glad your sweet hubby's surgery went well. My husband needs his knees replaced but he says as long as he can still ride his bike he's fine. I suppose it's all about priorities. How are those twin little girls doing?

ali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shiba said...

enjoying woderful coldy september weather ganga bhakti
bhakti gana